Easy Grilled Lamb Chops
Contributed by Glenda Embree.
Guest Blogger Glenda Embree: “…Today, I’m delighted to share with you the easiest, juicy, succulent and flavorful grilled recipe. No special marinating was required and there’s no long, ingredient list to send you hurrying off to the grocery store. From fridge, to table, this delicious main dish is simple and quick to prepare. We served ours with baked potatoes and sweet corn and couldn’t have eaten a more scrumptious meal if we had paid top dollar at a fancy restaurant. I can’t wait for you to give this a try and enjoy it yourself!…The trick to juicy, tender lamb chops will be to quickly sear them on both sides and then allow them to finish cooking to an internal temperature of 130 degrees. It will only be a few minutes. Shepherd Song Farm lamb is grass-fed, meaning it will cook in even less time, than other lamb, since it is higher in protein and has lower fat content.”
- Loin Chops
- Lawry’s Seasoning salt
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons butter
- Place the chops on a platter or tray and sprinkle both sides with Lawry’s Seasoning Salt.
- Allow the seasoned lamb chops to sit and come to room temperature, before grilling (30 to 40 minutes).
- Preheat your grill to between 450 and 500 degrees.
- When the internal temperature of your chops is 130 degrees, remove them to a platter, brush each chop lightly with butter and cover them, loosely with foil. Allow them to rest for at least 20 minutes. The internal temperature will continue to rise as the chops finish cooking.
Glenda: “PERFECTION! My husband and son raved over this delicious main dish and at its juicy, tenderness! I count my first attempt at cooking lamb a wonderful success!”
- Be sure to use tongs instead of a fork, when you turn the meat. This will prevent poking holes that will allow the juices to escape.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes, such as baked potatoes and corn, or whatever is seasonal and fresh.
- Glenda Embree of BusyAtHome received free samples of our lamb chops to test in her own kitchen for this recipe. A positive review was not required. If you would like to contribute a recipe let us know!